Richard A. Estacio
- Dickinson School of Law, Carlisle, PA J.D. (1988), Dickinson Law Review, Associate Editor; “Sterilization of the Mentally Disabled in Pennsylvania: Three Generations without Legislative Guidance are Enough” Dickinson Law Review, Volume 92 (Winter) 1987, pp. 409-436; Law Review Comment cited by Third Circuit Court in Lake v. Arnold, 112 F. 3d 682 (3rd Cir. 1997); Constitutional Law Moot Court Team
About Richard A. Estacio :
Richard A. Estacio, Sr. is a well-seasoned trial lawyer, serving as counsel for Kolb Clare & Arnold. Over the past 30 years, he has developed a particular expertise in workers’ compensation cases, successfully representing large insured and self-insured employers, as well as prosecuting claims on behalf of injured workers, obtaining superior outcomes for his clients. His practice also includes representing ERISA qualified and non-qualified health plans in reimbursement and subrogation actions in all federal district courts throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Having tried numerous cases to verdict, Mr. Estacio also has considerable litigation experience in automobile accidents, premises liability and section 1983 civil rights actions. He has also been involved with corporate bankruptcy matters in connection with multi-billion dollar liquidations and restructuring. A frequent lecturer and author, Mr. Estacio has given numerous presentations to and written articles for state and county bar associations, large and small companies/clients, third party administrators and trade organizations throughout Pennsylvania.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Western and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Lancaster County Bar Association
- PBA Judicial Evaluation Commission, Member, 2010-Present; Vice-Chair – 2017
- Minority Bar Committee, Chair, 1995-1996; Member – 1990-Present
- Workers’ Compensation Committee, Chair 2005
- Diversity Committee, Chair 2006
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association Board of Governors, 1997-1999
- Rickard v. The Western Pennsylvania Teamster's Welfare Benefit Fund, Court of Common Pleas of Allegheny County, No. 6805 of 2014, Lawrence J. O'Toole, J. (Represented the Teamsters in a case affirming order of Bankruptcy Court Judge Jeffrey A. Deller, ruling that first priority lien language in health plan defeated common fund doctrine and allowed recovery of $250,000.00 lien against uninsured motorist funds).
- Steinmetz v. Cooper Power Systems, 858 A.2d 182 (Pa. Cmwlth. 2004)(Represented the employer in a case of first impression which establishedthat insurers/employers are permitted to offset the gross [as opposed to the net] amount of severance pay against a claimant's indemnity benefits).
- Gokalp v. Pennsylvania Mfrs. Assn. Ins. Co., 553 Pa. 452, 719 A.2d 1033 (1998)(subrogation of workers' compensation lien in the context of a pre-1980 MVA under the Pennsylvania Motor Vehicle Financial Responsibility Law - drafted amicus brief for PaTLA).
- Lower Merion High School Crew Association Board of Directors 2014 -present Treasurer 2014 - 2015
- Susquehanna Area Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired Board of Directors 2001 - 2005
- Cerebral Palsy Association of Central Pennsylvania Board of Directors 1995-1999